Module of Quality Management System Software QISS is designed to maintain the documents in well-organized way, protect them from unauthorized access and to eliminate any delay in document process such as approval or revision change. Document Control Manager assigned by the Administrator, will act as super user for this module. She is responsible for setting up permissions for employees and determines the time period for approval priority, and for setting up types of documents. He is also responsible for assigning a new employee in place of a removed employee or take off that removed employee from the approvers’ list if he/she hasn’t take action on review/approval process. This module meets requirements of ANSI/ASQ/ISO Q9001: 2008 clause 4.2.3 ‘Control of Document’
, fully. It is not Just a Document Library.
What a Document Consist of
A document consist of actual document content as well as other necessary information to make the document complete. Other information includes document control number, which is used to uniquely identify each document. Document Control Number is the prefix of document type, department prefix (if selected), Standard element (if selected) and a sequence number, automatically assigned when document is newly created. Details of Associated Documents, Document Revision and Document History also can be found within the other information.
“A documented procedure shall be established to define the controls needed"
Document Control Introduction Video
- to approve documents for adequacy prior to issue,
- to review and update as necessary and re-approve documents,
- to ensure that changes and the current revision status of documents are identified,
- to ensure that relevant versions of applicable documents are available at points of use,
- to ensure that documents remain legible and readily identifiable,
- to ensure that documents of external origin determined by the organization to be necessary for the planning and operation of the quality management system are identified and their distribution controlled, and
- to prevent the unintended use of obsolete documents, and to apply suitable identification to them if they are retained for any purpose.”
Document Control Features
- Ability to Initiate or Change a Document and ensure a fully compliant work flow for review, approval, and distribution.
- Ability to Associate other documents
- Automatically generated Document control number
- Ability to notify users when a document is approved
- Ability to restrict users to view documents of certain type or department
- Automated work flow for documents that need to be reviewed on a periodic basis after initial approval.